Evernight Teen Publishing

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm Back!

After taking a several week hiatus (for many good reasons) I'm back. In the very near future I'll be posting some awesome reviews from books sent to me from publishers and the thing I'm excited about most is I had the opportunity to interview Australian author Charlotte McConaghy and discuss her new series, Fury: Book 1 of The Cure.

I can't wait to share her thoughts and advice. Also, I'll be posting some amazing exclusive excerpts from Fury and my last review of  Fury, for episode 3. Trust me, Fury is an amazing book and I cannot wait to read more. For a teaser, Charlotte did tell me that she is currently writing the second Fury novel, but I couldn't get her to spill the publication date :)

Blog hops will resume as well. I will only add that even in the life of an author, reviewer, blogger, etc. look beyond the glitter and understand that sometimes life happens, and we too, have to prioritize.

Before publication of my series came to fruition, I had this vision that to be an author must mean they lived in the Alps wearing bunny sweaters, drinking hot chocolate while typing up their next NYT Bestseller on a vintage typewriter. That idea perhaps exist for some authors, but I assure you, that's not even remotely close to my life as an author.

In real life I'm the Director of Nursing for a rather large agency that provides supports and services to individuals with some form of disruption in mental health. I'm on call every other week where the possibility of getting called into work at all hours of the night is a probable outcome. In addition to those responsibilities, I have a husband and two little daughters.

For fun, I review for BTS magazine, NetGalley, and various publishers. I occasionally try squeezing a novel or two of my own in there. It can be fun using social media, etc. but the moral here is that life happens to the best of us and when it does, some situations dictate that we put "fun" aside for "grown-up-no-fun-at-all-land".

Here's to hoping another hiatus doesn't occur for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment