Evernight Teen Publishing

Saturday, September 5, 2015

A New Chapter

With the release of Black Apocalypse sizzling down, it's time to close one chapter and begin another.

There is a YA Contemporary Romance manuscript that I've worked on, on and off again over the last year.

It's a story that I'm super passionate about, and I've had it all worked out in my head, but with the closing of an entire series, I've had to put it aside while finishing the Vulcan Legacies.

Now that Black Apocalypse is complete and out there in the world, I've dusted off that manuscript and have started working on it again.

This story (I have a weak working title, so bad, I will not even name it here) is about Autumn Chamberlain.

A seventeen-year-old girl living in Clarksburg, WV. She's lived a life of moderate comfort in a gated community. She's on her way to becoming the valedictorian of her graduating class. Her parents are esteemed members of the community. They go to church, the Country Club, their life is perfect. That is, until Autumn's world is turned upside down when she has a moment of imperfection with a boy named Mickey Costello. And things escalate from there.

Mickey is everything she isn't: Unpredictable, edgy, and full of risks and flaws. Autumn's led a very calculated life and there's something about Mickey's style of throwing caution to the wind that lures her to him.

This story has been a blast to work on and I can't wait to see where it ends up!

Now that my series is complete, I'll be posting reviews, news and teasers of my new work soon.

Stay tuned as I close out one chapter and start a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment